View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 02:53 AM   #1
bloviate

bloviate is on a distinguished road
Looking for design/builder oriented partners to develop a MUD from the ground up

Hi,

I am looking for some game-design/builder partners to work with on a hobby MUD. As a programmer, my weakness is focusing on the design, particularly driving the development of the theme and world. This means that I tend to happily beaver away on all the code except for the game related code. But I have firm opinions on the game design which is to be developed.

The theme would be medieval fantasy.I have written my own code-base in Python which would be used for the project. This would not feature builder scripting, instead building would be done using web pages or online commands. In fact, the goal would be for generic systems to be written in Python and game development done through data entry in one of the given manners. I also have a custom LP mudlib I have written, but I would prefer not to use that as I find the locked down environment constraining.

This would be a long term project. If you are interested, and want to discuss the possibilities, please send me a private message. Or reply to this thread.
bloviate is offline   Reply With Quote