Thread: Gay rights?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 07:41 PM   #44
Jeena

Jeena is on a distinguished road
Using religion as an argument against homosexuality is a cop out. For one thing if we were still following Old Testament law verbatim we'd stlil have slavery, women would have few if any property rights, men could have concubines, children would belong to their husbands, and etc. AND if you do believe in the things the Bible says you'll believe that the New Testament washed away the old (barring that you're not a Muslim or Jewish) and that the laws of 'do unto others' and 'turn the other cheek' and 'tolerance' are the laws we are to be following today.

Now...all that said... As long as the Constitution states that all men (and presumably women) are created equal we must assume that they are all created equal... life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is their business (this of course is a US argument, those of you elsewhere will have to discuss this from your p.o.v). As long as their rights do not infringe on anyone elses who they sleep with is no one's business.

I personally don't give two cents who sleeps with who as long as they are doing their jobs and letting me do mine.
Jeena is offline   Reply With Quote