View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 05:23 AM   #9
Ashon

Ashon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Ashon Send a message via AIM to Ashon Send a message via MSN to Ashon Send a message via Yahoo to Ashon
Of course, this is dependant on the size of your playerbase. But, assuming a mid to small sized mud, the players would not be able to camp <i>all</i> of the settlements. Then they would of course lead to a natural progression of camping the ones that offered the best ratio of returns vs investment. You'd get natural selection leaving the the easiest controlled villages to run rampant, and the other settlements to be 'farmed'.

Yes of course though, you are right in the fact that if you build in decaying conditions for your settlements it will solve many of your problems. But players will work out a system, sooner or later, that will keep their mob farm operating at full potential.

The best solution to this problem of course would be to work out a way for the mobs to 'burst' out. To try and break out of their 'prison'. But I fear that this would eventually become a autonomous response, and become boring.
Ashon is offline   Reply With Quote