View Single Post
Old 09-25-2002, 12:37 PM   #19
Seraphina

Seraphina is on a distinguished road
I don't think the ideas being tossed around constitute "carrying on". I hope that Synozeer doesn't feel aggravated but rather sees the discussion as a bit of harmless brainstorming on the part of people who appreciate the site enough to put some thought into it.

Certainly the games that charge even a modest amount can afford to advertise and I hope that this site can generate some income for the work that Synozeer has put into it. It would be great if it generated enough for Synozeer to organize more reviews by players experienced in multiple worlds.

Everyone is free to go out and create other sites on a different model but this seems to be a solid one. I think it is better to try to help Synozeer build on a strong foundation than it is to try to copy what he is doing with different twists.

I would like to see a small indicator letting me know which games charge (be it for extras or for the core game) at first glance rather than having to visit each game to check. The most popular game that is competely free works within more limited resources. It's not fair to judge them against a p2p game and it seems likely that they will attract a different population.

It's significant information for those looking to try out new games. For example, my daughter (13) doesn't play yet and I would like to introduce her to rping. She is very busy with school and other activities and I can't afford to pay for a second account for her to develop a character on. I would want to try some of the free muds myself to see what they are like.

This seems like a really good site to find out about the various options available. Maintaining popularity, continuing to increase traffic over the years, requires innovation. Generalized ranting and flaming is never helpful but constructive criticism and brainstorming ideas can be.
Seraphina is offline   Reply With Quote