View Single Post
Old 09-25-2002, 12:05 AM   #8
Seraphina

Seraphina is on a distinguished road
The above sounds good to me. It offers a bit of extra information. The companies that charge do have greater resources which impacts the quality of the game and some players only want to try games that are absolutely free.

I do think that the management of this site should make a call on whether or not it is acceptable to offer incentives to players to vote.

From the perspective of getting as much traffic to this site as possible I think allowing incentives would probably generate the most traffic. I think it does skew the voting so it is a call management should make. If it is clearly acceptable then all games can go ahead and offer some sort of incentive to players. If not then those games who are found to do so can be condemned for doing so.

As things stand it appears to be a grey area that some games would not feel comfortable implementing such a system without a clear indication that it is an acceptable norm.

Idealistically I would prefer that incentives be barred but realistically they do increase the level of traffic. It is neither inherently fair nor unfair but rather a function of making an open decision to accept it or not.
Seraphina is offline   Reply With Quote