View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 09:52 PM   #1
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
Not exactly sure which forum to go with, hopefully this is close enough.

As many know this is not the first time this topic has popped up, but I figured due to the recent influx of complaints now would be as good of a time as any to start it up again.  Of course it is impossible to come up with a "best mud list" so it could well be that the current system is the best solution.  No harm throwing a few more out there.

Now on the suggestions that have popped up recently (sorry if I missed any).

1)  Seperate the pay-to-play sites from those not either through a seperate listing or a visible marking such as $$.
Downside would be it doesnt solve the problem of "buying" votes.

2)  Account system where the voting is tied to a player account.
Downside being people can create vote-only accounts and spam away at the system, perhaps moreso than they can now.

3) Hiding the vote totals from the public and showing the top 10 muds in a random order.
Downside is it would probably result in few hits to the website being that the competition basically stops once you are in the top 10.  Also creates the problem that there is no "top mud" on Top Mud Sites.

4)  Put my mud at the top and the rest of you can bugger off.

:shrug:  not a complete list I'm sure but should be good enough to start with.  Take one and run with it, come up with something new or tell me to shut the hell up because what is there now is fine.
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote