View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 01:16 PM   #38
Tocamat

Tocamat is on a distinguished road
I've seen the Achaea banners, description and trophy a thousand times. Never once has it tempted me to log into their mud and check it out. What has driven me to look at Achaea are the countless multi page threads started to flame or comment on something they've done or something someone has claimed they've done. These threads are definately great advertising. Having said that, I spent at least an hour on Achaea the other day. Not once was I approached or asked to vote. Nor did I see anyone mention anything about voting.

I find it interesting that a commercial site (TMS) who's very lively hood is dependant on traffic, seeks to tie the hands of mud admins on how they send that traffic. Synozeer has no moral obligation to ensure players from any mud are not being rewarded or asked to vote. Lets face it, we all know the TOP 100 is by no means a reflection of the Top 100 best muds. It is a measure of the muds that are able to send the most traffic. That traffic, no matter what mud sends it, is good for all of us.

It would appear to me that the day is being ruled by the vocal minority. Ranting in these forums seems to carry more weight than ones advertising dollars.
Tocamat is offline   Reply With Quote