View Single Post
Old 06-30-2002, 01:30 PM   #11
Brianna

Brianna is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Brianna Send a message via MSN to Brianna Send a message via Yahoo to Brianna
Wink

As a head builder where I am I can commiserate with the lack of quality in room descriptions. I state what I expect of my builders while I am interviewing them. I usually talk with them inside my office and use my own areas as examples of what I mean. I am a stickler for spelling and grammar etc.
If they are not agreeable to what I expect we part ways not hard feelings. Of late I have had builders who are just learning to build or were mortal builders and never had imm commands apply. We have decided that our staff is full enough right now and I am turning people like these away simply because my plate is full with doing my own areas, checking other areas, and other assorted administrative duties.

I cannot afford to pay builders and I do not expect to be paid. If you state your expectations before you hire them and make it clear on keeping areas that stay with the theme of the game, you may have to turn away some people but it helps you weed out the "twink" builders who just want to powertrip.

Just my thoughts. I didn't vote cuz you didn't have the option for No, it should be because they want to contribute to a game they love.
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote