View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 10:02 PM   #2
Bethaene

Bethaene is on a distinguished road
A general set of rules I've used for building departments I've managed in the past:

1. Give them the brief synopsis. Example: A large forest with several different animals (example of animals would be those found in South America. Research those found there). Possible room for growth in the southeast parts of the forest. The trees are all very huge, as it is an ancient and very old forest. Try to incorporate a few fallen shrines and temples throughout the forest.

2. Allow the builders the chance to be creative. Example: Don't set everything in stone. Give them a brief synopsis and slowly manage them as they work through their areas. Read behind them as they go.

3. Enforce good grammar and literature professionalism. Example: Make sure they aren't using rooms from their previous places of employment/volunteer work. Praise them for good work as constantly as possible, and if you find a mistake, tell them where it is and how they can fix. Say this only once.

4. Encourage the use of a dictionary and a thesaurus. I typically enforce both. Even though it is okay to see the same descriptive word throughout the given area, there should be at least a 10 room split between them.

5. Make sure they are rewarded for their good work. If workers are not rewarded, they tend to disappear. And make it possible for progression through a series of rewards for each project they finish (large-scale only).
Bethaene is offline   Reply With Quote