View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 10:58 PM   #40
Chayesh

Chayesh is on a distinguished road
I have two points simply because I'm detail-oriented (translation: anal).

1. Bribes don't require two people. It doesn't require the bribed party to accept the bribe. Try offering $50 bucks to a police officer the next time you get pulled over and see if him not accepting it helps you avoid a bribery charge. Bribery is a crime of solicitation. Just offering it is criminal, regardless of whether the other accepts it or not.

2. To the poster who pulled some random text off CF's website about donations and tried futilely to throw that in their face. I'm surprised at the lack of logic of that post or that anyone didn't call them on it. Pay-for-perks is not even close to donations. Let's briefly break it down:

Pay-for perks: Log on for free
CF model: Log on for free

Pay-for-Perks: Gladly solicits money from players for advancement opportunities within the game
CF Model: Reluctantly solicits money from players for OPERATING COSTS of the game with no in game benefit

Pay-For-Perks: Players can reach maximum potential only by the addition of perks purchased with cash
CF Model: Players can reach maximum potential completely free of charge

I think the more level heads on this forum are simply asking that some differentiation be made between Free to log, pay for perks and Free to log, Free to advance.

Thanks for your time.

Got yer back CF.
Chayesh is offline   Reply With Quote