View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 11:11 AM   #29
Grendal

Grendal is on a distinguished road
I haven't played that many other muds in my 3 years of mudding, but I have tried quite a few and then quit after the first 15 minutes or the first day.

I've basically only stuck with one MUD and it has become my home.

I compare all other muds to my HOME mud (the one I think is the best).

Things that will drive me away fast from a mud.

Color - Excessive color will cause me quit a mud within 2 minutes.
No PK or even restrictions on PK.
I hate the idea of having to get permission to kill someone.
Skill sets (I need stealing - like a pick pocket, abilty to knock someone out without killing, limited magic, a good crafting system that allows you to make everything you will use in the game)
The flow of combat must be of a high quality
Movement in the game must take time - If I travel from one room to the next room in less than 1/2 a second, I just can't stand it.
If I find a sword on the ground, I should be able to use it. I have been in one mud where I got a message saying that I must be at 15th level to use this sword. It's sword for god's sake, not an airplane. The same applies to armor. If it fits me, then I should be able to wear it. (Not - you must be 30 th level to use this armor) Geeeeeeezz

In my mud I have one complaint - No Events

There are player run events, a festival here, a gladitorial fighting competition there, but it's truly not the same as a large scale creator run EVENT.

I've tried many times to get the creators to take a break from coding in order to have some fun, play with US, the players.
I suggested that on the first of every month, they should drop their coding for a while and just have fun. RP with the playerbase. Send a nasty horde of thingys charging at the Fort. Cause the sky to rip with thunder. Meteors falling and causing great craters in the world map. Children locked in a dungeon that must be rescued. I mean just (ANYTHING)

They simply refuse and tell me that I'm bothering them while they are working.

I can only whittle so many clubs, carve so many stone arrow heads, travel and fight everything in the land, discover secret areas and kill so many people. I need a storyline. I need to be drawn into the game, not just sit on the sidelines practicing a spell until I'm blind.

I'm done now
Grendal is offline   Reply With Quote