View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 10:41 AM   #1
Shane

Shane is on a distinguished road
One of the ongoing difficulties I have had in either finding my fantasy "perfect mud" or seeing a way foreward to creating or helping to create it is making the game rules themselves. My favorite RPG has always been GURPS. Well, not always, but since the moment I discovered it.

Anyhow, as MUD's have progressed and different engines become available, and I can see a way foreward now to make my own game while still keeping licensing issues straight and so forth, it now comes to the forefront of my attention that SJ Games has a fairly strict no-MUD's clause to the fair use of their product which they include in an FAQ on their site.

There is however a system called "the Action". It is distributed under Wizards of the Coast's Open Game License.

Has anyone used it before? What does anyone know about it?

Looks cool. The minute I am off my work kick I am going to find out more, but since all I have time for this red hot minute is dashing off the occasional email or message, I thought I would troll around here for anyone who has further information on how this system works.

Information on the Open Game License is found on Wizards of the Coast's web site. Computer related stuff is

Shane is offline   Reply With Quote