Thread: Why so bitter?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2003, 03:49 PM   #55
Mason

Mason is on a distinguished road
I think we all recognized it as hyperbole.  Yet, you still managed to quote it as if it were coming from a literal point of view.  If you were criticizing it as mere "inflammatory language," why not simply say so?

I, too, occasionally have aversions.   One of mine is towards hypocrites.  You tell us that we are "wishing" we knew what the board was about and that even though we think it is one thing, it isn't so - because you happen to really know what it is about?  Do you see the irony?  How can you contradict yourself so quickly; you did it in the following sentence.  We don't know what the boards are but you do?    

Another aversion I have is towards people who joined TMS recently and decided to tell us what the board "is."  When people complain about p2p muds we are told this is a banner exchange.  When we complain about p2p administrators, we are admonished for letting the community down.  So which is it?  A banner exchange or a community?  Since I have only been a member a few years, I shall wait for the newly arrived p2p adminstrators to take a vote and tell me which one it actually is.  

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall anyone else bringing up "need" anywhere else in this discussion.  The discussion seemed to center around whether p2p muds should or should not immediately disclose whether they are in fact a p2p mud.  As such, your need issue is really just a red herring and serves no other purpose than to obfuscate the real discussion.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote